- Computational linguistics is an interdisciplinary field, involving linguistics, computer science, mathematics, logic, cognitive science, and cognitive psychology.
- This course explores the theoretical aspects of computational linguistics, focusing in particular on the subfield that is known as computational semantics.
- We examine issues of representation and inference, so that they will be used to simulate human competence in language understanding.
- Through the course, the students will be able to understand the core theoretical aspects of computational linguistics and use them to strengthen the formal base of any applications that involve the processing of human language.
Schedule for December
- 12/01, Homework #3 annoucement (due: 12/23 12:00pm)
- 12/08, Extended class (project presentation)
- 12/13, No class
- 12/20, Final exam (2:30~5:30pm)
- 12/23, Homework #3 due (12:00pm), pre-Christmas party (12:00~1:00pm, room #2450)
- Curt in our BB1 package uses a theorem prover and a model builder that work in a Perl environment. So be sure to have Perl software installed in your PC before running Curt.
(Download link: http://www.activestate.com/activeperl/downloads)
- 12/21, Pre-Christmas party: 23rd December (Friday) 12:00pm~1:00pm, Room #2450
- 12/19, Notice on the homework #3 submission (refer to the homework menu)
- 12/15, Final exam: 20th December (Tuesday) 2:30pm~5:30pm
- 12/08, Lecture 23 slides (pdf)
- 12/06, Lecture 22 slides (pdf)
- 12/01, Lecture 21 slides (pdf), Homework #3
- 11/29, Lecture 20 slides (pdf)
- 11/24, Lecture 19 slides (pdf)
- 11/22, Lecture 18 slides (pdf)
- 11/17, Lecture 17 slides (pdf)
- 11/15, Lecture 16 slides (pdf), Project proposal announcement
- 11/08, Lecture 15 slides (pdf1, Slide 14 modified)
- 11/08, Lectures 13 and 14 slides (pdf1, pdf2)
- 11/03, Lecture 12 slides (pdf)
- 11/01, Lecture 11 slides (pdf)
- 10/27, No class today
- 10/14, Midterm exam: 20th October (Thursday) 2:30pm~5:15pm
- 10/13, Lecture 10 slides (pdf), Homework #2, Course software BB1 (zip)
- 10/11, Lecture 9 slides (pdf)
- 10/06, No class today (an extended class will be on 11th October 4pm~6:30pm)
- 10/04, Lecture 8 slides (pdf)
- 09/29, Lecture 7 slides (pdf)
- 09/27, Lecture 6 slides (pdf)
- 09/22, Lecture 5 slides (pdf), Homework #1
- 09/20, Lecture 4 slides (pdf)
- 09/15, Lecture 3 slides (pdf)
- 09/08, Lecture 2 slides (pdf)
- 09/06, Lecture 1 slides (pdf)
- 08/29, No class on 1st September (Thu)
- 08/27, The official website is open.